At the time, the TRNSYS components simulating PCMs were either not suitable (e.g. PCM wall), not experimentally validated or not commercially available. I found a suitable component with good experimental validation (known as Type 840) and contacted the authors at Graz University of Technology in Austria to ask for a version compiled especially for my more recent 64-bit version of TRNSYS. So I was the first person to test the 64-bit version of TRNSYS component Type 840. I found a few problems with it, but that’s science.
The dissertation is in two parts: a scientific report on the project’s experimental procedure/results, followed by a literature review of the topic. You can review a low resolution version below. If you would like a PDF of the original document, please ask me.